Faculty positions in School of Creativity and Art (SCA), ShanghaiTech University
ShanghaiTech University calls for candidates with exceptional academic records or demonstrated potential to fill tenure-track/tenured faculty positions in cutting-edge fields of research in the School of Creativity and Art (SCA).
ShanghaiTech University is founded as a world-class research university to foster future scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators. Located in Zhangjiang Hightech Park of the cosmopolitan Shanghai, ShanghaiTech shall trail-blaze a new education system in China. Besides establishing and maintaining a world-class research profile, faculty candidates are also expected to contribute substantially to the teaching of both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Established in November in 2017, the School of Creativity and Art aims to develop an institute of higher education that is at the forefront of our country. We will be fully engaged internationally to promote innovation and collaboration of design and creative arts with advanced science and technology to provide a pioneering platform for study, research, experiment, exchange, growth and breakthroughs. Our goal is to challenge the next generation of creative art professionals to inject new inspirations and momentum into China and provide humanity advances in our cultural and spiritual lives.
We are seeking candidates with strong interests and track records in teaching and research in combining design, art and technology.
Preferred academic disciplines include but are not limited to: industry design, interaction design, human computer interaction, design engineering, materials and design, design/art theory.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and startup funds are highly competitive, commensurate with experience and academic accomplishment. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package, including on-campus housing, to the tenure-track faculty and eligible dependents. All tenure-track faculty members at ShanghaiTech University will be reviewed for evaluation and promotion to tenure in accordance with international practice.
- Ph.D. degree in above disciplines;
- Strong teaching ability and research productivity;
- Strong interests and track records or demonstrated potentials in applying innovative technologies to design and art.
1. Personal Resume with detailed information including study and work experience, published academic papers/books, scientific research projects hosted, academic rewards, etc.
2. A1-page teaching plan, including the name of the available courses and a brief description of the course content
3. A1-page research plan, including research interests and future plan
4. Copies of 3 most significant publications/ design works
5. The contact information of at least three referees (name, position, email, etc.) and your relationship. We will invite your referees to personally send recommendation letters when necessary
Address：No. 393 Huaxia Middle Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai